David C. Walker was born in Pasadena, California on October 5, 1977. In May of 2000, he graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California.
In May 2005, Dave received his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Following his admission to the Colorado Bar in October 2005, Dave was a law clerk for the Honorable David M. Furman on the Colorado Court of Appeals, until joining Brown, Berardini & Dunning, P.C. as an associate in May 2007. Dave became a junior partner of the firm in 2011, and a named partner in December 2015.
Dave’s primary practice areas are business and commercial transactions and litigation. He is licensed and actively handles legal matters in Colorado, Arizona, and Arkansas, and manages the firm’s branch office in Little Rock, Arkansas. Dave continues to actively work out of the firm’s Colorado and Arkansas offices.
Dave is a member of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, and has been actively involved with the Metro Denver Christian Legal Society, where he has served as Vice President of the Board.
In his free time, Dave enjoys playing tennis, traveling with his wife and four kids, hiking and skiing the Colorado mountains, and has recently taken up fly-fishing the waters of Arkansas.
Dave is admitted to practice in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Creditors’ Rights
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Arizona, 2013
- Colorado, 2005
- Arkansas, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Colorado
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctor – 2005
- Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, California
- Bachelor of Science, cum laude – 2000
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- Christian Legal Society, Vice President of the Board, 2006 – 2009
- Becker v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 405 P.3d 499 (Colo. Ct. App. 2017).
- AIG Annuity Ins. Co. v. Law Offices of Theodore Coates, P.C., 478 Fed. Appx. 484 (10th Cir. 2012).
- Gorsuch, Ltd., B.C. v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 771 F.3d 1230 (10th Cir. 2014).
- Maehr v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 641 Fed. Appx. 813 (10th Cir. 2016).
Past Employment Positions
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Law Clerk to the Honorable David M. Furman, 2006 – 2007
Pro Bono Activities
- Denver Rescue Mission Legal Aid Clinic, 2004 – 2018