877-234-3152 (Toll Free)
Neal K. Dunning graduated from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln in 1977 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 1979 with a Juris Doctorate degree.
He clerked for Judge Karen S. Metzger while she was a trial judge on the Denver District Court. Later that year he was hired as an associate attorney at Worstell & Wyatt. In 1987 he became a partner in the firm which then was named Worstell & Dunning.
In 1995, joining forces with two other law school classmates and friends, he became a partner in Brown, Berardini & Dunning, PC. The firm has a general practice emphasizing in civil and commercial litigation, real estate, probate and creditors' rights in bankruptcy.
He is licensed to practice in the Colorado State Courts, US. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, US. District Court for the District of Colorado and the US. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1982
University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1979
- Law Journal: Transportation Law Journal, 1978 - 1979
University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska
- B.S. - 1977
- Major: Business Administration
- Scott Wetzel Services v. Johnson, 821 P2d 804 (Colo 1991) (Colorado Supreme Court 1991)
- Ramirez v. Mixsooke, 907 P. 2d 617 (Colo. App. 1994)
- Dynasty Inc. v. Winter Park Assoc., 5 P3d 392 (Colo App. 2000)
- Montoya v. Cherry Creek Dodge, 708 P. 2d 491 (Colo. App. 1985)
- Price Haskel, Inc. v. Denver Department of Excise and Licenses, 694 P. 2d 364 (Colo. App. 1984)
- Rocky Mountain Sales and Service, Inc. v. Havana RV, Inc., 635 P. 2d 935 (Colo. App. 1981)
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- KeyBank National Association
- First-Citizens Bank & Trust Company
- Compass BBVA Bank
- ANB Bank
- Mutual of Omaha Bank
- Mayflower Capital Co.
- American AgCredit
- Beacon Sales Acquisition, Inc.
- Stillman Wholesale Meat Co.
- Westerra Credit Union
- Adams Bank & Trust
- FirsTech Federal Credit Union
- Bank of the West
- First Amherst Financial Group
- Bel Shower Door Corp.
- Land Title Guarantee Co.
- Park Range Construction, Inc.
- First National Bank of Denver
- Colorado Business Bank
- Community Banks of Colorado
- Vectra Bank
- Air Academy Federal Credit Union
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, J. Churchill Owen Scholarship
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award: Contracts, and Federal Procedure Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1980 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Worstell & Dunning, Partner, 1980 - 1995
- Omicron Delta Epsilon